Do you have high standards, set high goals and achieve them? Do you have knowledge of the local raw material market? Will you be committed to achieving our agenda? Red Stripe, a HEINEKEN operating company (Opco) has set a four year ambition of doubling the business and to be the most admired company in Jamaica.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Director, your primary area of focus will be the procurement of local raw materials. You will be tasked with driving the definition and the achievement of Red Stripe’s Local Raw Material (LRM) agenda.
FUNCTION: Supply – Local Raw Material
REPORTS TO: Supply Chain Director
Red Stripe, a HEINEKEN operating company [Opco] has set a four year ambition of doubling the business and to be the most admired company in Jamaica. This is to be done by significantly growing the top line by accelerating the domestic growth, improving the innovation rate, while proactively reducing the organization cost base, thereby creating a more competitive business unit. Supply Chain operation plays a pivotal role in the management of cost and will lead through the measurable improvements in our productivity, customer service, quality, plant reliability and the establishment of a sustainable Local Raw Material [LRM] Supply chain.
-To drive the definition and achievement of Red Stripe’s LRM agenda in order to achieve the local raw material sourcing ambition of the business.
-To manage OpCo KPI’s for local raw materials (LRM) while ensuring and creating opportunities for the sustainable improvement of LRM in Quality, Cost and Flexibility through-out the Supply Chain.
-To manage the OpCo’s LRM activities, farm and processing activities to ensure the sustainability goals od HEINEKEN are achieved
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
– Masters of Science degree required.
– 5-10 years’ experience in supply chain management or agriculture value chain development
– 2-5 years’ management experience
– Programme Management experience
– Knowledge and affinity with agriculture projects
– Ability to leverage relevant network and broker partnerships
– Understanding of and familiarity with donor funding environment and application processes
– Strong communication skills
– Competent in manipulating Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
3 YEAR PLAN:
– Define the 3 year local sourcing plan in line with Red Stripe’s ambition of 40% local raw material by 2020 including governance structure
– Define an operational LRM plan and budget derived from the 3 year plan for the OpCo, including one-year objectives including gaps to fill and in line with the regional/global objectives
– Oversee Red Stripe’s Project Grow as a part of our LRM programme and Sustainable Developments efforts. This includes the management of the outgrower scheme, management of processing capacity and capabilities and supervision of LRM team and consultants
– Identify and unlock alternative raw materials
– Evaluate (business case) potential opportunities for local raw materials; drive external subject –matter experts in their support of farming initiatives
– Inspire local management to use local raw material
– Align local sourcing strategy with OpCo and Global Procurement raw material strategy;
– Identify and evaluate (business case) with OpCo’s Supply Chain potential opportunities for local raw material
– Manage the LRM budget, subsidies and financing with OpCo’s finance team
– Develop with finance business case and financial footprint for LRM activities
– Liaise with MD, Corporate Affairs, Global Lead Brewing Group Supply Chain BV, Procurement, Quality Assurance and Brewery – – Logistics Departments to ensure that LRM meet OpCo’s governance, financial and Supply Chain KPI’s
– Lead all contacts with relevant stakeholders such as Government of Jamaica, Development Agencies and/or NGO’s for being part of the conversation, building all the relevant networks and if necessary entering into all relevant contractual arrangements
– Monitor, in close cooperation with Finance, the funding of the ongoing and/or future projects
– Proactively evaluate any further funding with any other private or public donors
– Take all the necessary steps to secure (finance, legal, technical etc.) all funding arrangements that can be entered into to drive LRM agenda
– Interface/manage the relationships with external partners (as the face of Red Stripe) to ensure sustainability goals of HEINEKEN are achieved
– Broker linkages with potential agriculture value chain stakeholders
– Manage relationship with development partners (IDB, World Bank, USAID etc.)
– Communicate partnership performance
– Review Red Stripe’s sustainability publications in liaison with Corporate Affairs Department
– Drive the development of a commercial relationship with a nucleus of large, medium and small farmers/ suppliers to ensure uninterrupted LRM delivery.
– Provide specialist (technological) support to farmers to meet our quality specification in a sustainable manner. This will be achieved through quality audits of all farms and the provision of problem solving support to farmers
BREWING A BETTER FUTURE (BABF) AND CORPORATE AFFAIRS:
-Be a spokesperson for the Local Sourcing Story and participate in external communication engagements as speaker, external panel member, and in the Media, at conferences and summits
-Contribute whenever necessary to the content of the Local Sourcing Story – the story itself, Q&A, Social impact studies, ———— Sustainability report as a major part of the Red Stripe/HEINEKEN Story
MANAGE INFORMATION AND REPORTING:
-Provide regular monthly reports and insight in quantitative and qualitative performance of local sourcing
-Lead the LRM department including necessary change management and manage a team of people including recruitment, performance management and career development
-Manage a team of 5, 2-direct and 3-indirect, 62 contract workers
-Provide day to day leadership and supervision of D&G foundation projects team to ensure the delivery of project KPI’s. -Management will include recruitment and performance management
-The D&G Foundation Team comprises 4 personnel with 3 direct reports and 1 indirect report
-Manage LRM Budget
-Ensure the management of all grant funding received according to agreement
-Identify and access additional funding sources
Application closes: September 29, 2017
Please follow the link to apply: https://redstripejamaicahr.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0fhyx/