Under the supervision of the Chief of Party and the Director of Environmental Compliance and Safety, the Technical Specialist / Environmental Compliance Officer is responsible for guaranteeing project compliance with US and Jamaican Governments’ environmental regulations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
· Environmental compliance assessments and inspections
· Submit needs assessments to prepare for vector control campaigns.
· Educate project staff and operations personnel
· Develop waste management plans
· Guarantee safe handling of insecticides
· Increase environmental compliance capacity
· Frequent travel for routine monitoring, program supervision, and support.
· Master’s Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering or Environmental Health,
· Minimum 6+ years of relevant professional experience,
· Skill in training, coaching, and influencing
· Experience in MS Excel and mobile-based
· Familiarity with USAID environmental compliance requirements
· Analytical and report writing skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Englishe.